Crimea's de facto head Aksyonov says power supply resumes in full

20:45, 28 July 2017
Ukraine
323 0

Russian-occupied Crimea's de facto head Sergey Aksyonov says the power supply to Crimea fully resumed on Friday after blackouts reportedly caused by an accident in the Krasnodar Krai disconnected power lines leading to the peninsula.

REUTERS

"Power supply to Crimea has been fully restored," Aksyonov tweeted on July 28.

As UNIAN reported earlier with reference to Kryminform, the electricity supply in the largest cities of occupied Crimea had been halted earlier on the same day. Blackouts were reported in the city of Simferopol and Simferopol district, as well as in Yalta, Feodosia, Sudak, Kerch, Bakhchisaray district and some other settlements.

Read alsoBlackout hits largest cities in CrimeaRussia's Energy Ministry said in turn that "abnormally high" temperatures in Krasnodar Krai were behind the disconnection of the power lines.

An automated breaker was tripped, leading to a power shortage amounting to 1 GW.

Total consumption in Crimea is estimated at about 1.280 GW, which includes the region's own generation (195 MW), mobile gas turbine power stations (285 MW) and electricity supplied through the power bridge from the South unified electricity grid (up to 800 MW).

If you see a spelling error on our site, select it and press Ctrl+Enter