Minister of the Cabinet of Ministers Oleh Nemchynov has says a new epidemic zoning will be enforced at 00:00 on Monday, October 19, while the capital city of Kyiv will remain in the "orange" quarantine zone.
Read alsoCOVID-19 in Kyiv: Official comments on prospects of "red zone" lockdown"Today an extraordinary meeting of the National Commission on Technogenic and Environmental Safety and took place. A new epidemic zoning will be enforced at 00:00 on October 19 (Monday)," he said on Telegram on October 15.
Nemchynov added that the city of Kyiv remained in the "orange" zone.
The red zone includes:
- The towns of Volodymyr-Volynsky and Novovolynsk, Volodymyr-Volynsky and Lutsk districts of Volyn region;
- The town of Sloviansk in Donetsk region;
- The town of Korosten, Luhyn, Liubar, Chernyakhivsky and Chudnivsky districts of Zhytomyr region;
- The city of Ivano-Frankivsk;
- The town of Vasylkiv and Boryspil district of Kyiv region;
- The towns of Lysychansk, Rubizhne and Severodonetsk, Belovodsky, Belokurakinsky, Kreminsky, Markivsky, Milovsky, Novoaydarsky, Novopskovsky, Popasnyansky, Svatovsky, Stanychno-Luhansky, Starobilsky and Troitsky districts of Luhansk region;
- The town of Belyaivka and Tatarbunary district of Odesa region;
- The city of Poltava;
- The towns of Dubno, Varash, and Ostroh, as well as Zdolbuniv and Kostopil districts of Rivne region;
- The city of Sumy and Sumy district of the region;
- The city of Ternopil, the towns of Berezhany, Kremenets and Chortkiv, Borshchiv, Zalishchyk, and Monastyrysky districts of Ternopil region;
- The city of Kharkiv and the town of Lyubotin, Bogodukhovsky, Lozivsky and Pervomaysky districts of Kharkiv region;
- The city of Khmelnytsky and the towns of Netyshyn, Slavuta and Volochysk; Horodotsky, Dunayevetsky, Kamenets-Podilsky, Starosinyavsky and Teofipolsky districts of Khmelnytsky region;
- The towns of Kaniv and Smila, and Smilyansky district of Cherkasy region;
- The city of Chernivtsi and the town of Novodnistrovsk; Kelmenetsky and Kitsmansky districts of Chernivtsi region; and
- The city of Chernihiv and the town of Nizhyn in Chernihiv region.
Quarantine in Ukraine: Background
- On August 1, new rules for adaptive quarantine were enforced in Ukraine. All regions were divided into "green", "yellow", "orange", and "red" zones according to the level of the epidemic threat.
- On October 13, the Cabinet of Ministers extended the adaptive quarantine until the end of the year, passing certain changes to regulations.
- Prime Minister Denys Shmyhal said it was a "necessary step," adding that such quarantine is "the most effective mechanism" in tackling COVID-19 in Ukraine and beyond.