The fifth President of Ukraine, now lawmaker Petro Poroshenko has been hospitalized with bilateral pneumonia.
That's according to his wife Maryna Poroshenko, who took to Facebook to report the news.
According to earlier reports, Poroshenko was diagnosed with coronavirus.
Poroshenko's wife says one of their daughters has also contracted COVID-19.
The former president will be undergoing treatment at one of Kyiv's clinics admitting coronavirus patients.
"Despite the fact that my husband has bilateral pneumonia, he also has a strong will, which he demonstrates in fighting the disease. He strictly adheres to the prescribed treatment protocol," said Maryna Poroshenko.
COVID-19: Other reports
- Donald Trump, First Lady test positive for COVID-19
- Country may face lack of medics to rescue COVID-19 patients – health minister
- Local elections could be postponed on one condition – senior health official
- Zelensky wishes Trump, First Lady "fast and full recovery" from COVID-19
- Ukraine ranks 10th globally in number of new daily COVID-19 cases