Ukraine sees new stage of lifting quarantine-related curbs from June 5
An adaptive quarantine introduced to counter the spread of the coronavirus is underway in Ukraine. However, the government has prepared another stage to lift the curbs.
Restrictions lifted from June 5
Ukraine has switched to the fourth step toward exiting the quarantine. The following activities are allowed from June 5 under a Cabinet decision:
• Cafés and restaurants may serve visitors indoors subject to anti-epidemic measures;
• People over 60 years old do not need to adhere to self-isolation;
• Holding religious events in the premises provided that no more than one person per five square meters;
• Conducting accreditation of educational programs for which the training of applicants for higher education is carried out remotely; and
• Relaunch of domestic flights in Ukraine.
This applies to the regions where the coronavirus-related situation is favorable. According to Prime Minister Denys Shmyhal, if the epidemic situation in a region does not correspond to indicators to ease measures for three consecutive days, the easing of some quarantine restrictions will be suspended.
Further lifting of bans on schedule
The next phase of exiting the quarantine is scheduled for June 15. This will become possible subject to a favorable epidemiological situation.
From this date, it is planned to relaunch international air traffic. Passenger flights abroad will be carried out to those countries that have reopened airports for Ukraine.
The Health Ministry is developing and will soon publish new anti-epidemic rules for the planned relaunch of air travel. They will take into account the experience and requirements of European partners or other countries, which have already reopened international air traffic.
Passenger travel by cars is allowed for up to five people, including a driver (excluding children under the age of 14).