Two civilians wounded in Russian-controlled forces' attack on town in Donetsk region – police
Two civilians have been wounded in a mortar attack by Russian-controlled forces on the town of Zalizne (Artemove before 2016) near the town of Toretsk in Donetsk region.
The incident happened at about 16:00 local time on Wednesday, June 27, Donetsk region's police have said.
The victims, a man born in 1951 and a woman born in 1958, were in the yard of their house when mortar shelling began.
The man received multiple wounds to his arm, while the woman suffered a shrapnel wound to her back, the police said. Both were taken to hospital.
Also, the police said that the fence on the opposite side had been damaged.
As UNIAN reported, a 15-year-old female student, who came to visit her grandmother, was killed in a shell explosion in the same town, Zalizne, late in May 2018. A large-caliber projectile fired by the Russian occupation forces landed in the yard of the grandmother's house when the teenager was there.
As was earlier reported, the Ukrainian army also sustained casualties on June 27: three Ukrainian soldiers were killed in an enemy attack near the village of Bohdanivka not far from the Ukrainian-controlled strategic port city of Mariupol in Donetsk region. Another Ukrainian soldier was wounded in action near the village of Vodiane in the same sector on the same day.