OSCE monitors count over 5,500 violations of truce in Donbas last week
The OSCE Special Monitoring Mission (SMM) to Ukraine counted over 5,500 instances of the violation of the ceasefire in Donbas, eastern Ukraine, last week.
"Despite the ceasefire agreement, the SMM counted over 5,500 violations of the ceasefire last week," Principal Deputy Chief Monitor of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine Alexander Hug said at a press conference in Dnipro on Friday, September 21.
In his words, contrary to the sides' agreements to withdraw heavy weapons from the contact line in eastern Ukraine, OSCE monitors saw 44 weapons in violation of the withdrawal lines, of them 31 were in the Russian-occupied areas.
These were 31 multiple rocket launchers near the non-government controlled settlements of Khrustalnyi and Miusynsk, he said.
As UNIAN reported earlier, the Russian occupation forces violated the ceasefire four times from 07:00 to 18:00 on September 21, however, the enemy did not use the weapons banned by the Minsk peace agreements on Donbas.