65 children killed, 127 injured since beginning of Donbas conflict

13:58, 23 February 2015
War
287 0

A total of 65 children have been killed and another 127 injured since the beginning of military clashes in the Donbas conflict zone in April, Commissioner of the President of Ukraine for Children's Rights Mykola Kuleba said at a briefing on Monday, according to an UNIAN correspondent.

REUTERS

"According to the official statistics of the Ukrainian government, a total of 127 children have been injured as a result of military clashes. This information is confirmed by several documents," he said.

He added that according to UN figures, a total of 159 children had been injured since the beginning of military clashes in the Donbas conflict zone.

"As for the deaths, it is hard to tell the exact number, but, according to our estimates, it is already more than 65 children," Kuleba said.

According to Kuleba, most of all the children received shrapnel wounds, mine-explosion injuries or gunshot wounds.

"For hundreds of children a consequence of the conflict is the loss of parents, psychological trauma, stresses, malnutrition, a lack of access to education, family breakdown, etc.," he said.

If you see a spelling error on our site, select it and press Ctrl+Enter