Militants ‘secretly redeploying forces to the south’
The militants in the Donbas are secretly redeploying forces, including artillery, to the south, while making a show of withdrawing heavy weapons from the front line, head of the Information Resistance group Dmytro Tymchuk wrote on his Facebook page on Wednesday.
He said these tactics had been used in particular on Bakhmutska highway.
"In the Pervomaisk-Alchevsk area, the enemy has concentrated its forces in the area surrounding the Bakhmutska highway,” Tymchuk wrote.
“The formations of Russian and Russian-backed forces in the region have been actively using mortars, small arms, and occasionally artillery for firing at positions of Ukrainian troops" he said.
Also, according to Information Resistance data the remnants of the militants’ “Phantom” mechanized brigade was spotted moving from the area of Debaltseve towards Stakhanov and Pervomaisk.
"After fighting on the Debaltseve salient, the brigade has become a reinforced battalion. A significant part of [the militants’] military equipment is out of operation in the area from Troitske to Chernukhino" Tymchuk said.
At the same time, an artillery group of militants (four batteries, with 20 artillery pieces, 12 self-propelled guns and 12 multiple rocket launcher units), which previously conducted attacks on Debaltseve, is being redeployed at the moment towards the settlements of Trekhizbenka, Krymske and Novotoshkovka, Tymchuk said.