Lysenko: One Ukrainian soldier wounded in Donbas conflict zone in last day
No Ukrainian soldiers were killed but one was injured in the Donbas conflict zone over the last 24 hours, National Security and Defense Council spokesman Andriy Lysenko said at a briefing in Kyiv on Friday, according to an UNIAN correspondent.
"Over the last day, we haven’t lost any Ukrainian soldiers, but one was injured as a result of military clashes near the village of Pisky of Donetsk region," Lysenko said.
Under agreements reached in Minsk on February 12, a ceasefire was supposed to come into effect in eastern Ukraine on February 15. However, the ceasefire was broken within an hour, and militants launched an attack on the government-held town of Debaltseve in Donetsk region, which they captured on February 18.
As UNIAN reported earlier, on February 12, Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko, Russian President Vladimir Putin, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and French President François Hollande held talks in Minsk to resolve the conflict in the Donbas.
Since then, the militants have continued to attack the positions of the Ukrainian armed forces throughout the territory of the Donbas, Ukraine’s military says.