About 55,000 soldiers gain status of ATO participants
The status of participant in the Anti-Terrorist Operation as of June 25 has been granted to nearly 55,000 soldiers of the Ukrainian armed forces, Head of Communications and Press of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine Oksana Havryliuk said at a briefing in Kyiv on Friday, according to an UNIAN correspondent.
"As of June 25, the status of participant in the Anti-Terrorist Operation had been granted to nearly 55,000 soldiers of the Ukrainian armed forces," Havryliuk said.
As reported earlier, in connection with the normative acts adopted in 2015, for the first time the status of participant in the Anti-Terrorist Operation will be granted to volunteers who went to Donbas on their own and served in volunteer battalions at the beginning of confrontation, even before these battalions joined the Ukrainian Armed Forces and the Ministry of Interior.
The status of war invalid will be granted to those volunteers who have served in such units as the Right Sector volunteer unit, or volunteers who have been injured and became invalids as a result of the Anti-Terrorist Operation.