OSCE monitors report Travneve in Donbas cut off power grids since Nov 16

23:24, 27 November 2017
558 0

The OSCE Special Monitoring Mission (SMM) to Ukraine has reported that the village of Travneve in Donbas has been cut off the power grids since November 16.

REUTERS

"Some residents of Travneve told the SMM that they had been without electricity since November 16," the OSCE SMM said in its latest update based on information received as of 19:30 local time on November 26, 2017.

Read alsoReuters publishes photos of Travneve retaken by Ukraine's armyAccording to OSCE observers, the residents of Travneve have been unable to leave the village to buy groceries in nearby Holmivskyi, controlled by the self-proclaimed "Donetsk People's Republic" (49km north-east of occupied Donetsk), and there is no shop in Travneve.

According to earlier reports, Travneve has recently been liberated by the Ukrainian army from the Russian occupation forces.

"The SMM heard from soldiers and residents that Ukrainian Armed Forces had moved into the village of Travneve on November 21-22," the OSCE SMM said in the update.

If you see a spelling error on our site, select it and press Ctrl+Enter