Donbas war: One of two Ukraine soldiers wounded outside Pavlopil dies in hospital
One of the two Ukrainian soldiers who were wounded near the village of Pavlopil, Donetsk region, on July 21 has died in hospital.
"We are sad to inform that one of the servicemen who have been wounded today near Pavlopil has unfortunately died in a hospital from shrapnel wounds," the press center of the Joint Forces Operation (JFO) Headquarters said on Facebook on Tuesday evening.
Thus, as a result of enemy shelling, one serviceman was killed and the other was injured between 00:00 and 19:00 Kyiv time on July 21, the press center updated.
The JFO HQ also said in the update that illegal armed formations of the Russian Federation had already violated the ceasefire in Donbas three times on Tuesday.
Enemy troops used 120mm mortars near the village of Novotoshkivske in the Pivnich (North) sector and opened fire from grenade launchers near Pavlopil in the Skhid (East) sector.
"What is more, the enemy attacked Ukrainian defenders deployed near the village of Hnutove, using hand-held anti-tank grenade launchers," the press center said.
The Ukrainian military returned fire to make Russia-led forces observe the peace deal.
No violations of the ceasefire were reported at disengagement sites Nos. 1-3.
As UNIAN reported earlier, two Ukrainian soldiers were wounded in action near Pavlopil on Tuesday morning. Both were rushed to hospital.