Three Ukrainian soldiers have been wounded amid recent shelling by the enemy in Donbas, eastern Ukraine.
This was reported by the press center of the Joint Forces Operation on Facebook on Friday evening.
"Three members of the Armed Forces of Ukraine were wounded amid an attack mounted by armed formations of the Russian Federation on positions of our units near the village of Luhanske in the Pivnich (North) sector of the Joint Forces Operation zone today, on May 21," it said.
The soldiers received first aid and were evacuated to a hospital. Their condition is satisfactory now.
Representatives of their military unit and an emergency response team of the Military Law Enforcement Service of the Armed Forces of Ukraine have arrived at the scene.
The Ukrainian military fired back to repel the enemy attack.
Other related news reports
- Donbas war update: Ukraine records 15 ceasefire violations on May 16
- Donbas warzone update: One WIA amid nine truce violations by enemy forces on May 17
- Donbas war update: Ukraine records six ceasefire violations on May 18
- Donbas war update: Ukraine records ceasefire violation on May 19
- Donbas war update: Ukraine records 10 ceasefire violations on May 20