A Ukrainian soldier has been injured amid engineering works after he stepped on an explosive device near the village of Vodiane in Donbas.
"The soldier suffered an injury of moderate severety. He was promptly provided with first aid and evacuated to a hospital," the Skhid [East] Operational Tactical Grouping Command wrote on Facebook.
Read alsoZelensky says ending war in Donbas his top priorityThe Command of the soldier's military unit and military law enforcers are working at the scene. Circumstances of the incident are being clarified, the report concludes.
Donbas war: latest
- So-called "DPR leader" Denis Pushilin threatened to open fire on Ukrainian army positions from 08:00 a.m. local time on September 7. As grounds for such move, Pushilin claimed violations by Ukrainian forces of the latest ceasefire agreement sealed on July 22. He demanded that Ukrainian troops undo the trenches that had allegedly been dug after July 22, and warned that they "have every right" to act to eliminate the alleged violations.
- In turn, Commander of the Joint Forces, Lieutenant General Volodymyr Kravchenko said the Ukrainian troops had not violated any agreements.
- On September 6, the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine confirmed there had been no violations of the ceasefire agreements by the Joint Forces.
- On September 9, participants in a Trilateral Contact Group meeting agreed on a joint inspection near Shumy with the participation of a representative of the OSCE coordinator.
- The President's Office said the relevant agreement on the inspection had been reached to refute fake news and prevent new provocations.
- On September 10, the Office of the President of Ukraine said the "one-time inspection" had been suspended over continuous change in the Russian side's demands.
- At 14:15 local time on September 10, Russian occupation forces in Donbas opened fire on Ukrainian positions near Shumy after the inspection was called off.