Head of the President's Office Andriy Yermak has said both enemies outside and inside Ukraine tried to disrupt the truce in Donbas.
"The Ukrainian delegation has returned with the main result, namely we have received overwhelming support from all the participants in the Normandy format regarding the ceasefire, it will be extended, despite attempts to disrupt it," he said during a media briefing on the results of the meeting of political advisors to the Normandy Four leaders held on Friday, September 11, an UNIAN correspondent reports.
"Unfortunately, it does not suit not only our enemies outside, but also enemies who oppose it inside the country. Not everyone needs peace," the official said.
Read also"One-time inspection" in Donbas could take place in a few days – KravchukYermak said the ceasefire established in late July had been the longest one since the beginning of war in Donbas.
"This is very important for us," he added.
"One-time inspection" in Donbas
- So-called "DPR leader" Denis Pushilin threatened to open fire on Ukrainian army positions from 08:00 a.m. local time on September 7.
- As grounds for such move, Pushilin claimed violations by Ukrainian forces of the latest ceasefire agreement sealed on July 22. He demanded that Ukrainian troops undo the trenches that had allegedly been dug after July 22, and warned that they "have every right" to act to eliminate the alleged violations.
- In turn, Commander of the Joint Forces, Lieutenant General Volodymyr Kravchenko said the Ukrainian troops had not violated any agreements.
- On September 6, the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine confirmed there had been no violations of the ceasefire agreements by the Joint Forces.
- On September 9, participants in a Trilateral Contact Group meeting agreed on a joint inspection near Shumy with the participation of a representative of the OSCE coordinator.
- The President's Office said the relevant agreement on the inspection had been reached to refute fake news and prevent new provocations.
- On September 10, the Office of the President of Ukraine said the "one-time inspection" had been suspended over continuous change in the Russian side's demands.
- At 14:15 local time on September 10, Russian occupation forces in Donbas opened fire from rifles on Ukrainian positions near Shumy.