Asked by an UNIAN reporter, why the Russian generals said two years ago that they had seen a Ukrainian Su-25 on their radar screens close to MH17, and now, referring to the same radar data, they say that any airborne side objects that could cause the destruction of the aircraft were not observed in the area of a disaster, Peskov said that he could not answer this question.
"The professionals who understand the radar readings should be the ones to answer this question. I recommend addressing this issue to the Ministry of Defense. If yesterday's briefing did not include questions, it does not mean that you cannot ask your question today," he said.
As UNIAN reported earlier, on July 21, 2014, the Russian Defense Ministry claimed that a Ukrainian warplane flew close to MH17 on the day of the disaster.
Read alsoNew frontier of Russian liesHowever, two years after the MH17 crash in Donbas, Russia's Defense Ministry on Monday, September 26, released radiolocation data to prove that there were no side objects in the sky over the site of the accident.
Dutch Safety Board, which has been probing into the circumstances of the MH17 crash, concluded last year that a Buk missile had shot down the Malaysian airline and that it had been fired from a militant-controlled territory in Donbas. However, the investigation did not specify who had fired the missile.
Read alsoMH17 crash in Donbas: Bellingcat explains why Russia provides radar data so lateThe next portion of the report is to be released on September 28, which is expected to pinpoint the exact site of the launch of the missile.
Read alsoRussia must own up to MH17 role: Australia's ex-PMThe MH17 plane heading from en route from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur was shot down on July 17, 2014, killing all 298 people on board.