Russia suspends funding of occupied Crimea
Russia has postponed the funding within the framework of the Federal Target Program for the development of the occupied Crimea and Sevastopol until 2017 and beyond, according to the Minister of Economic Development, Alexei Ulyukayev, TASS reports.
"We decided on the shift of the significant sums, so to say, to the right – moving them over to 2017 and the following years. This affected the amount of about RUB 23 billion. In view of this decision, there will be no other shifts," he said.
According to him, RUB 4.5 billion has been disbursed in the annexed Crimea last year, which is about 20% of the allocated funds under the federal program. "This was due to large reorganizations, etc. Now this problem is completely eliminated," said Minister of Economic Development of the Russian Federation.
Putin briefed on collapse of production in Crimea following annexationAs UNIAN reported earlier, the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine has officially announced February 20, 2014, the date of the beginning of the temporary occupation of Crimea and Sevastopol by the Russian Federation. On October 7, 2015, President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko has signed the relevant law. International organizations have recognized the occupation and annexation of Crimea illegal and condemned Russia's actions. Western countries have introduced a series of economic sanctions. Meanwhile, Russia has denied occupation of the peninsula, branding the events as "restoration of historical justice."Bloomberg: U.S. plans to match leaked data to Russia sanctions list