Kyiv authorities seek demonopolizing thermal power market in Kyiv
Chairman of the Kyiv City State Administration Vitali Klitschko says the city authorities are set to start the demonopolization of the thermal power market in Kyiv.
"We intend to begin the process of demonopolization of the thermal power market in Kyiv. To this end, we plan to restore operations of Kyivteploenergo municipal enterprise that was established ten years ago. We have carried out all necessary preparatory work to restore its operations," Klitschko said on air of one of the radio stations, the City State Administration's press service reported.
According to the city mayor, Kyivteploenergo will focus on maintenance and servicing of heating systems and equipment, while the scope of the company's activity will be determined at a city council session.
Klitschko sees Kyiv's Olimpiyskiy Stadium as venue for Eurovision 2017Klitschko also said that the concession agreement concluded with PJSC Kyivenergo would expire in 2017.
UNIAN memo. PJSC Kyivenergo sells electricity and supplies heat to households based in the capital of Ukraine. Electricity is generated by combined heat and power plant (CHPP) No. 5 and CHPP No. 6. Kyivenergo has five structural divisions, including two branches – Energoservice and Kyiv's only incineration plant Energiya. The company employs more than 12,000 people. 75% of the shares are owned by DTEK energy holding of Ukrainian billionaire Rinat Akhmetov, with the State Property Fund of Ukraine has a remaining 25% staKyiv authorities want to demonopolize heat power market in Kyiv.