Mykhailo Podolyak, an anti-crisis communications advisor to Head of the President's Office Andriy Yermak, has revealed five questions to be submitted for the all-Ukrainian poll, which will coincide with local elections on October 25.
He announced the list of questions in a comment to the Novoe Vremya weekly.
Here is the list of questions:
- 1. Do you support life sentence for large-scale corruption?
- 2. Do you support the idea of creating a free economic zone in Donbas?
- 3. Do you support reducing Parliament composition to 300 MPs?
- 4. Do you support legalization of cannabis for medical purposes – to ease pain for critically ill patients?
- 5. Do you support Ukraine's right to apply security guarantees defined by the Budapest Memorandum to restore its state sovereignty and territorial integrity?
According to Podolyak, discussions on the fifth question are still underway.
October 25 poll: Background
On October 13, Zelensky said an all-Ukrainian poll with five important issues to be out forward would be carried out on local election day, October 25.
The exact questions that will be included in the survey were not immediately revealed.
The poll, unlike the referendum, will have no direct legal implications, the President's Office explained, addressing public concern over the legitimacy of holding such a survey and its consequences.