"I received no reply to five of my letters addressed to the Russian Ombudsperson. Besides, they were not on the merits of charges, they were about… [Pavlo Hryb’s] health condition, the medication required, the conditions in which he is being held, and the possibility of allowing access of relatives, meetings with his family and doctors. Unfortunately, there has still been no official information," she said.
Lutkovska also said that she communicated with the detainee’s father, Ihor Hryb.
"If I'm not mistaken, [Ihor Hryb] was denied a date with Pavlo," she noted.
Read alsoJournalists find out how FSB lured Ukrainian youngster to Belarus for abductionPavlo Hryb's father, Ihor Hryb, has earlier told UNIAN that his son, 19, had been detained by FSB operatives in the Belarusian city of Gomel where he had arrived by charter bus on Ukraine's Independence Day, August 24, to meet with a girl whom he supposedly met on the internet.
Media reports claim the teenager was lured into Belarus in a sophisticated FSB operation involving a young girl from Russia who Pavlo believed had feelings for him.
Despite the fact that Pavlo Hryb has never been part of any armed formations or law enforcement agencies due to health conditions (the teenager needs constant supportive treatment), Russian security forces press charges against him under Article 205 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation (an act of terrorism), over the “plot to set up an explosion at a Sochi school”.
On October 18, 2017, the Oktiabrskiy District Court in the Russian city of Krasnodar has extended the arrest of Pavlo Hryb until January 4, 2018.