Updated epidemic zoning became effective from October 5.
The decision was taken by the State Commission on Industry-Related and Environmental Safety and Emergencies on October 1.
Zoning in detail
The new adaptive quarantine rules, according to which Ukraine was divided into four zones, came into force on August 3.
On September 16, Ukraine's Cabinet of Ministers changed the order and rules of quarantine zoning:
- For the green, yellow, and orange zones, the rules for holding cultural events became similar;
- For the orange zone, all institutions should have a poster at the entrance to inform visitors about their area and the number of people who may be indoors simultaneously.
The State Commission on Industry-Related and Environmental Safety and Emergencies will review its decision on zoning every seven days. A decision to ease the quarantine in a particular region cannot be reviewed earlier than 14 days.
The red zone includes:
- The city of Ternopil in Ternopil region;
- The town of Kaniv in Cherkasy region.
Curbs in effect: A ban on work of public transport, shopping malls, cafes and restaurants.
The orange zone includes:
- the city of Vinnytsia in Vinnytsia region;
- the city of Lutsk, the towns of Volodymyr-Volynsky and Novovolynsk, as well as Volodymyr-Volynsky, Kivertsivsky, Lutsky, and Turiysky districts in Volyn region;
- the city of Dnipro in Dnipropetrovsk region;
- the towns of Bakhmut and Vuhledar, as well as Slovyansky district in Donetsk region;
- Zhytomyrsky, Korostyshivsky, Luhynsky, Lyubarsky, Ovrutsky, Olevsky, and Chudnivsky districts in Zhytomyr region;
- the city of Uzhgorod, as well as Perechynsky and Uzhgorodsky districts in Zakarpattia region;
- the city of Melitopol and the town of Tokmak, as well as Orikhivsky and Polohivsky districts in Zaporizhia region;
- the city of Ivano-Frankivsk, the towns of Burshtyn and Kalush, as well as Horodenkivsky, Kosivsky, Rohatynsky, Tysmenytsky, and Tlumatsky districts in Ivano-Frankivsk region;
- the towns of Irpin and Fastiv, as well as Baryshivsky and Kyiv-Sviatoshynsky districts in Kyiv region;
- Bilovodsky district in Luhansk region;
- the city of Lviv, as well as Zolochivsky, Peremyshlyansky, Pustomytivsky, and Sokalsky districts in Lviv region;
- the city of Mykolaiv in Mykolaiv region;
- the towns of Bilyaivka, Izmail and Teplodar, as well as Artsyzky, Berezivsky, Bilyaivsky, Bolhradsky, Lymansky, Ovidiopolsky, Tarutynsky, and Podilsky districts in Odesa region;
- the city of Poltava in Poltava region;
- the towns of Dubno, Varash, and Ostroh, as well as Zarichnensky, Zdolbunivsky, Kostopilsky, Mlynivsky, Ostrozky, and Rivnensky districts in Rivne region;
- the city of Sumy and the town of Lebedyn, as well as Sumsky district in Sumy region;
- the towns of Berezhany, Kremenets and Chortkiv, as well as Berezhansky, Borshchivsky, Buchatsky, Husiatynsky, Zalishchytsky, Zbarazky, Zborivsky, Kozivsky, Kremenetsky, Lanovetsky, Monastyrysky, Pidvolochytsky, Pidhayetsky, Terebovlyansky, Ternopilsky, Chortkivsky, and Shumsky districts in Ternopil region;
- the city of Kharkiv and the town of Lyubotyn, as well as Bohodukhivsky, Velykoburlutsky, Zachepylivsky, Pervomaisky, and Kharkivsky districts in Kharkiv region;
- the cities of Khmelnytsky and Kamyanets-Podilsky, the town of Netishyn, as well as Volochysky, Derazhnyansky, Dunayevsky, Krasylivsky, Letychisky, Teofipolsky, and Yarmolynetsky districts in Khmelnytsky region;
- the town of Smila, as well as Kanivsky and Smilyansky districts in Cherkasy region;
- the city of Chernivtsi and the town of Novodnistrovsk, as well as Vyzhnytsky, Hertsaivsky, Hlybotsky, Zastavnivsky, Kelmenetsky, Kitsmansky, Novoselytsky, Putylsky, Sokyryansky, Storozhynetsky, and Khotynsky districts in Chernivtsi region;
- the town of Nizhyn, as well as Varvynsky, Kulykivsky, Nizhynsky, Nosivsky, and Snovsky districts in Chernihiv region.
Curbs in effect: A ban on work of hostels and tourist centers; restaurants, night clubs; gyms, fitness centers, culture facilities (except for those that can provide 10 square meters per person); children's camps; no public gatherings are allowed with over 100 individuals (one person per 20 square meters).
The yellow zone includes:
- the towns of Zhmerynka, Kozyatyn, Mohyliv-Podilskyi, and Khmilnyk, as well as Bershadsky, Vinnytsky, Kalynivsky, Kozyatynsky, Litynsky, Nemyrivsky, Teplytsky, Tyvrivsky, Tomashpilsky, Trostyanetsky, Tulchynsky, and Chechelnytsky districts in Vinnytsia region;
- the town of Kovel, as well as Horokhivsky, Ivanchivsky, Kamin-Kashirsky, Kovelsky, Lokachinsky, Lyubeshivsky, Lyubomlsky, Manevytsky, Ratnivsky, Rozhyschensky, and Shatsky districts in Volyn region;
- the city of Kryvy Rih, and the towns of Novomoskovsk and Ternivka, as well as Verkhnodniprovsky, Dniprovsky, Pyatihatsky, Solonyansky, and Tsarychansky districts in Dnipropetrovsk region;
- the city of Mariupol, the towns of Kramatorsk, Lyman, Myrnohrad, Novohrodivka, Pokrovsk, Selydove, Slovyansk, and Toretsk, as well as Velykonovosilkivsky, Mariyivsky, and Pokrovsky districts in Donetsk region;
- the city of Zhytomyr, the towns of Berdychiv, Malyn, and Novohrad-Volynskyi, as well as Baranivsky, Berdychivsky, Brusylvsky, Yemilchynsky, Korostensky, Narodytsky, Novohrad-Volynsky, Popilnyansky, Pulynsky, Romanivsky, Khoroshivsky, and Chernyakhivsky districts in Zhytomyr region;
- the towns of Mukachevo, Khust and Chop, as well as Berehivsky, Velykobereznyansky, Vynohradivsky, Volovetsky, Mukachivsky, Rakhivsky, Svalyavsky, and Tyachivsky districts in Zakarpattia region;
- the cities of Zaporizhia and Berdyansk, as well as Veselivsky, Vilnyansky, Huliaipilsky, Zaporizky, Melitopolsky, Novomykolayivsky, Pryazovsky, Tokmatsky, and Yakymivsky districts in Zaporizhia region;
- the towns of Bolekhiv, Kolomyia and Yaremche, as well as Bohorodchansky, Verkhovynsky, Halytsky, Dolynsky, Kalusky, Kolomyisky, Nadvirniansky, Rozhnyativsky, and Sniatynsky districts in Ivano-Frankivsk region;
- the towns of Bila Tserkva, Berezan, Boryspil, Brovary, Bucha, Vasylkiv, Obukhiv, Pereyaslav, and Slavutych, as well as Bilotserkivsky, Boryspilsky, Borodyansky, Brovarsky, Vasylkivsky, Kaharlytsky, Makarivsky, Myronivsky, Obukhivsky, Pereyasliv-Khmelnytsky, Rokytniasky, Skvyrsky, Stavyshchensky, Tarashchansky, Fastivsky, and Yahotynsky districts in Kyiv region;
- the town of Severodonetsk, as well as Bilokurakinsky, Kremenivsky, Markivsky, Milovsky, Stanychno-Luhansky, and Starobilsky districts of Luhansk region;
- the towns of Boryslav, Drohobych, Sambir, Stryy, Truskavets, and Chervonohrad, as well as Brodivsky, Horodotsky, Drohobytsky, Zhydachivsky, Zhovkivsky, Kamyanka-Buzky, Mykolayivsky, Mostysky, Radekhivsky, Skolivsky, Stryysky, and Yavorivsky districts in Lviv region;
- the town of Voznesensk, as well as Berezansky, Veselynivsky, Vitovsky, Krivoozersky, and Mykolaivsky districts in Mykolaiv region;
- the city of Odesa, the town of Bilhorod-Dnistrovsky, Chornomorsk, and Yuzhne, as well as Baltsky, Bilhorod-Dnistrovsky, Ivanivsky, Izmailsky, Kodymsky, Lyubashivsky, Oknyansky, Rozdilnyansky, Savransky, Tarutynsky, and Tatarbunarsky districts in Odesa region;
- the towns of Lubny and Myrhorod, as well as Dykansky, Lokhvytsky, Myrhorodsky, Novsanzharsky, Poltavsky, and Shyshatsky districts in Poltava region;
- the city of Rivne, as well as Bereznivsky, Volodymyretsky, Hoshchansky, Demydivsky, Dubensky, Dubrovytsky, Koretsky, Radyvylivsky, Rokytnivsky, and Sarnensky districts in Rivne region;
- the towns of Konotop, Okhtyrka, Romny, and Shostka, as well as Bilopilsky, Burynsky, Hlukhivsky, Krasnopilsky, Lebedynsky, Nedrihailivsky, Romensky, and Seredino-Budsky districts in Sumy region;
- the towns of Izyum, Kupyansk, Lozova, and Chuhuiv, as well as Balakliysky, Barvinkivsky, Blyznyukivsky, Valkivsky, Vovchansky, Derhachivsky, Zmiivsky, Zolochivsky, Izyumsky, Kehychyvsky, Kolomatsky, Krasnohradsky, Lozivsky, Novovodolazky, and Chuhuivsky districts in Kharkiv region;
- the city of Kherson, as well as Bilozersky, Ivanivsky, and Novotroitsky districts in Kherson region;
- the towns of Slavuta and Shepetivka, as well as Bilohirsky, Vinkovetsky, Horodotsky, Kamyanets-Podilsky, Novoushytsky, Polonsky, Slavutsky, Starokostiantynivsky, Starosynyavsky, Khmelnytsky, and Chemerovetsky districts in Khmelnytsky region;
- the city of Cherkasy, the towns of Zolotonosha and Uman, as well as Horodyshchensky, Drabivsky, Zhashkivsky, Zvenyhorodsky, Zolotonisky, Kamyansky, Katerynopilsky, Korsun-Shevchenkivsky, Lysyansky, Mankivsky, Monastyryshchensky, Talnivsky, Khrystynivsky, Cherkasky, Chyhyrynsky, Chornobayivsky, and Shpoliansky districts in Cherkasy region;
- the city of Chernihiv and the town of Pryluky, as well as Bakhmatsky, Bobrovytsky, Horodnyansky, Kozeletsky, Koropsky, Koryukivsky, Nizhynsky, Ripkynsky, Sribnyansky, and Chernihivsky districts in Chernihiv region;
- the city of Kyiv.
Curbs in effect: A ban on visits to social security institutions with the elderly (except for persons providing respective services).
Other related news reports:
- Over 83,000 school-age children self-isolating in Ukraine
- COVID-19: Over 3,700 new active cases reported on Oct 5
- No new total lockdown expected in Ukraine yet – health minister
- Health minister names Ukrainian regions with highest daily COVID-19 spike
- Ukraine reports 19 new COVID-19 cases in armed forces as of Oct 5