No disengagement before Normandy summit – head of national security committee
Head of the Committee on National Security, Defense and Intelligence of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine Oleksandr Zavitnevych has said the disengagement of forces and weapons is not planned by the Joint Forces before the Normandy Four summit.
"What I know – disengagement took place in these three settlements [Stanytsia Luhanska, Zolote and Petrivske] and that's all," he said in an interview to the BBC's Ukrainian service when asked whether it is now possible to talk about the next stages of disengagement.
According to him, the General Staff reviewed other sections 400 km from the front line, but the country's leaders did not set any tasks.
"The order is clear – three settlements and then we are waiting for a meeting of our president in the Normandy format. The decision on disengagement will probably be made according to its results," Zavitnevych said.
As UNIAN reported earlier, the practical phase of the disengagement of troops and weapons of the Armed Forces of Ukraine and the occupying forces kicked off near the village of Petrivske in Donbas on November 9.
On November 12, Head of the Joint Forces Operation HQ press center Andriy Ageyev said the first stage of the disengagement of forces and weapons at the "Bohdanivka-Petrivske" site in Donbas had been completed.
Ageyev said the practical phase of landmine clearance started on November 13, noting the process was simultaneous as Russian-led forces were also carrying out a demining operation.