A Ukrainian soldier was wounded by an enemy sniper not far from the village of Novomykhailivka in Donetsk region.
This was reported by the Skhid (East) operational and tactical group on Facebook on February 7.
"Today, February 7, the Russian occupation forces once again violated the ceasefire and opened targeted fire on Ukrainian defenders' positions, using sniper weapons near Novomykhailivka in the Skhid (East) zone," it said.
As a result of the attack, one member of the Joint Forces Operation (JFO) received a gunshot wound. He was promptly taken to a hospital, where he is being provided with medical assistance.
As UNIAN reported earlier, there were four wounded and two killed JFO members on February 6.
Other news reports
- Minister tentatively assesses damage from Russian occupation in Donbas
- Donbas war update: Ukraine records two ceasefire violations on Feb 3
- Ukrainian soldier wounded in enemy attack in Donbas
- Donbas war update: One soldier wounded amid four attacks on Ukrainian positions on Feb 4
- Donbas war update: Ukraine records six ceasefire violations on Feb 5
- Two Ukrainian soldiers wounded in Donbas in enemy shelling
- Two Ukrainian soldiers killed, one injured in booby-trap blast in Donbas